With a lot of people working from home now many people are starting to feel the effects of working in a non-ideal environment (e.g. from the kitchen table).
In this video, Daniel was challenged to come up with ways to make a laptop more comfortable to use given only things that he had laying around the office.
Main things to take away from the video:
- Take every excuse you can to get up and walk around. Even the best set up office desk is no replacement for getting up and moving every 15 minutes.
should be used as a keyboard or monitor but not for both at once if you can
- The middle of the monitor should ideally be at eye level.
- The keyboard should rest low enough on the table so that your wrists do not touch anything hard.
- Chairs can be “upgraded” using a few rolled up towels.
- Books can be used to prop up monitors to the right level.