Australian Clinical Labs is the new name for one of Australia’s most respected pathology services providers.
Clinical Labs was acquired from Healthscope in 2015. The company was originally known as Gribbles Pathology.
The company has 50 National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) accredited laboratories across Australia and around 500 Accredited Collection Centres in NSW, Victoria, South Australia and the Northern Territory.
All Australian Medical Testing laboratories are required by National Association Testing Authority (NATA), to have a quality system that complies with the requirements of ISO 15189:2012. Previously our medical testing laboratories were accredited to AS ISO/IEC 17025. Our company has also gained certification to ISO 9001:2008 standard for quality systems. This is separate to our NATA accreditation.
Our Laboratory Quality System aims to:
- Maintain consistency across the network of laboratories and collection centers
- Identify improvement opportunities through the use of internal audits and corrective/preventive actions
- Provide our customers with a quality service
- Comply with the requirements of ISO and NATA
- Our company meets the following management requirements:
- Operating Quality system
- Document control
- Review of requests, tenders & contracts
- Subcontracting of tests & calibrations
- Purchasing services and supplies
- Complaints, corrective & preventive action
- Control of nonconforming testing
- Control of records
- Internal audits (pre-determined schedule)
- Management review
- Our company meets the following technical requirements:
- Accommodation and environmental conditions
- Test methods and method validation
- Measurement traceability
- Assuring the quality of test results
- Reporting the results